Last Sunday, the whole city commemorated the 42nd Charter Day Anniversary with a mass at the Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage Parish Church and an Ecumenical Prayer and short program at the Gen. Paulino Santos Shrine inside the Plaza Heneral Santos. It was attended by the city’s business and soci-civic leaders, government workers and officials led by Congressman Jun Acharon, Mayor Darlene Antonino-Custodio, Sarangani Vice-Governor Steve Chiongbian-Solon, the city councilors, among other personages. Vice Governor Steve Chiongbian-Solon’s presence made the event more meaningful as it was his grandfather, the former Congressman James Chiongbian who authored the bill creating General Santos City 42 years ago.
An “Almusal Alay sa Kapwa” spearheaded by the CSWDO followed afterwards which offered free breakfast to the city’s less fortunate.
And now, jam-packed activities for this day, September 20, awaits you as we celebrate the Tuna Festival Experience.
- 7am (Flag Ceremony - Announcement of Events & Activities, City Hall)
- 9am (San Jose College Jobs Fair Day 1, Robinson's Place GenSan)
- 5pm (Tuna Festival Week Opening Program, GTX Mardi Gras (One-Dance Presentation) Oval Plaza)
- 7pm (Release of 42 White Lanterns, Oval Plaza)
- 7pm (Splash in the Sky, Oval Plaza)
- 7pm (RMN Live Drama, Covered Court)
- 8pm (Campus Radio's Disco Sa Oval Plaza)
Because for sure, this will be the best GenSan Tuna Festival Experience for the generals and their visitors ever making the city truly MAGANDANG GENSAN!